Nov 05 2009
We can give you thousands of reasons to donate car to charity. They range the gamut from cleaning the garage, to making the neighbors happy, to contributing to world peace. And we’re taking a moment today to share some of them with you.
We’ve heard all these reasons and more during our many years here at Cars 4 Causes®, and they all make sense to us. Take a look at our list of reasons for making a car donation, and let us know if we missed any on your top list.
Our 13,405 Best Reasons to Donate a Car
- Make the neighbors happy. If you own a car that’s just rusting away in your driveway or perennially parked in front of your house, you know your neighbors would love you to get rid of it. Make them happy; donate your car to charity and have it towed away.
- Declutter. Get rid of the extra car that’s been taking up space in your garage. If you’re not using it, it’s time for that car to move on to its next driver. You get rid of a car you’re not using, and your charity benefits from your donation.
- Save on annual car registration fees. If you’re not using a vehicle, why pay the annual registration, smog certification and insurance on it? Tally up all you can save by donating the vehicle to charity, and then choose the charity that benefits.
- Simplify. An extra car in your life means one more major item to take care of. And if you’re at all interested in simplifying your life, what a difference getting rid of 2,000 pounds of steel can make!
- Get a car donation tax deduction. We’ve written a bit about the opportunities for great tax write-offs this year. If you missed it, check out our blog, Cars 4 Causes Adds it Up: Two Automobile Tax Deductions this Year!
- through 13,400. Charities benefit from your car donation. We see this effect every day in our work at Cars 4 Causes®, and it is heart-warming. Our current list of charities includes over 13,400 organizations, and the list is always growing.
As we see it, that adds up to 13,400 deeply satisfying reasons to donate a vehicle.
No related posts.